Tuesday, August 19, 2008

My Sister's Keeper


My Sister's Keeper


by Jodi Picoult












I thought the book was rather boring until I reached the last third, when it all became worth it. A wonderful, heart-wrenching surprise ending to boot. I loved the basis for the plot: A sister is created as a 'designer baby' to save her older sister from dying of leukemia. As the girl ages, she decides not to donate her body to her sister time and again. It's very relevent to current events and to my field, which is what drew me to the book in the first place. Piccoult's prose style is a bit predictable and she doesn't always let the plot flow naturally. She also writes herself into one of the characters, which was way too obvious. The plot made this book enjoyable, however I don't think I will be reading another Piccoult book.

No comments: